CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Outlook 2003 Connectivity and Activation

Hi:

This is my first post on this list although I've had Crossover Linux Standard for some time.
I'm running this on Debian. Installed find but I'm have been unable to get Internet connectivity for Outlook and therefore can't activate the product.

Internet Explorer 5.5 has connectivity. Any pointers or success stories about get Outlook 2003 to connect to myi mail server (gmail).

Thank you.

Marty Felker

Hi Marty,

Outlook 2003 only works with Exchange servers 'out of the box'. If you install
IE 6 into the same bottle as Outlook, that will give Outlook the dlls it needs
to connect to a POP or IMAP server. (Note that yes, you will then be installing
IE twice).

Cheers,

Jeremy

Jeremy, thanks a ton. That fixed her right up. I too had IE6 installed in a different bottle than Outlook. Working great now. 😀

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibVJQZHN5dUpIVTNaeGRXSCIsImdkcHIiOjB9