CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Asus Eee - Corrupt Downloads

Dear All

Because I am new to the ASUS Eee and have to keep re-installing the OS, I have had to download Crossover several times. I have used Firefox and IE and I have checked my MD5SUMs - they are always correct.

However, when I double click to load Crossover, I get a text screen telling me that the file is corrupt.

Can anyone help?

Scott

not sure why you have to reinstall the Eee OS all the time, however maybe look at Ubuntu Eee and follow the instructiosn fromthe site regarding Ubuntu installation ?

http://ubuntu-eee.tuxfamily.org/index.php5?title=Main_Page
http://ubuntu-eee.tuxfamily.org/index.php5?title=Community_news#2008-06-09_-_Ubuntu_Eee_goes_gold.21

I have to re-install (actually F9) regularly because in Full Desktop, when I try to get additional repositories, they always result in incomplete installations that stop further use of synaptic.

Unfortunately, your two links relate to Ubuntu on the Eee - I have the default installation which is more like Xandros (but not quite).

I have searched the Eee Forums at great length - that is why I am on this forum.

Scott

The thought was since you're reinstalling the OS everytime why not try ubuntu Eee which might work better

I might give Ubuntu a try after I have exhausted all possibilities on the default eee system.

Meanwhile - do you have any ideas about what I might be doing wrong?

Scott

If you're downloading the .sh universal installer for Crossover it might not have the unix execute bit set when it's finished downloading to your computer.

Open a terminal and type "chmod 755 " and then drag & drop the Crossover .sh installer onto the terminal window and hit enter. Then just drag & drop the Crossover .sh file into the terminal once more and hit enter. The Crossover installer should now run.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiaHN3cUxkeEd4QXFkRXhrUiIsImdkcHIiOjB9