CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

IE6 Java Plugin

Under Crossover 6 I was able to successfully get Java to install and work (for my purposes). Under Crossover 7 I can get it to install, but it does not work. In the past I was able to get the Java plugin to work well enough that I could work on Cisco CallManager 4.x and multiple versions of Cisco Unity. Now it either locks up if I am using JRE 6 or does nothing if I am using JRE 5 (although web sites are satisfied enough that it is working that they do not give me error messages).

As Java has never really functioned properly with CrossOver, the best I can do is point you toward our tips & tricks section within our Compatibility Center (http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=3883;tips=1). The problem being, Cisco CallManager may require a different bottle type than Win98.

Good Luck!

What I am saying is that originally, back in November, I followed the tips in the link that you just posted and it worked like a charm in Crossover 6.2. I was able to get both JRE versions 5 and 6 to work just fine for my purposes. Since I have updated to 7.0, it does not work anymore.

hmm... maybe i will try to run crossover 6.2 and 7.0 at the same time.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTUhBd2RwNDdHY254dGhrVyIsImdkcHIiOjB9