CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

EndNote 8 w/ Office 2003

Has anyone had any luck getting Endnote 8 (or any version for that matter) to work w/ Office 2003? I put them in the same bottle obviously. I tried following this suggestion from EndNote: http://www.endnote.com/support/faqs/CWYW/faq1.asp#winEN89
But neither cp'ing or sym-links worked (winword would just hang on start-up). Anyone else found a work around. Supporting EndNote by itself is nice, but being able to use it w/ word processors is really its goal I think.

I have the exact same problem with Endnote 7 and Office 2003. Initially I had them in separate bottles - Win98 for Endnote and Win2000 for Office. That did not work out well. So, I uninstalled Endnote and reinstalled it in Win2000 bottle. Both Endnote and Office were working fine at this point. But, I could not find the Endnote toolbar in Office. So, I copied the two files Endnote website specifies into the Startup folder of Word. Now, Word hangs at the startup - status bar in the bottom of the the Word windows reads "Running virus scan..." Is there a fix for this?

Hello,

We are tracking this issue, and we'd appreciate it if you could file a support ticket about it so that we can give our developers more to work with as they try to find a solution. Please reference bug 4464 in the ticket and describe how it is that you're trying to install word and endnote together.

Thanks!

My 1-year subscription has expired, so I'm unable to submit a support ticket anymore. Until there is a new release with extended support / stability for EndNote, Equation Editor, and a few other things, I probably won't renew.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiblJOS01yc2JkcVZHeExuNSIsImdkcHIiOjB9