CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Office 2003 install & update question

I've been using MS Office XP for some time under CX 7.02 on Kubuntu.

I need to install or upgrade to 2003 to be compatible with my company's network.

1. Is it better to install or to upgrade?

2. If I install, is it better to install to a win98 or winXP bottle? (The only non-Office app I have is Adobe Acrobat Pro, both in an XP bottle).

3. After installing O-2003, is there a way of successfully installing service packs?

4. What about other security updates?

Thanks,

Hello Paul -

1. we highly recommend doing a new install of office 2003 into a new bottle. Upgrading often leads to problems.

2. A winXP bottle would probably be better. Also, bear in mind that you'll want to have your office and your Adobe Acrobat installed into separate bottles.

3. You can install sp3 from the "install software" menu of Crossover (you'll need to unhide service packs & dependencies in order to do so, and you'll need to have your office install CD mounted when you install the service pack).

4. The security updates are typically for windows itself, not office. Other than SP3, Office updates for 2k3 are pretty hit-or-miss.

Thanks,
Jack

Thanks.
Why separate bottles for Office and Acrobat? Is there a known issue or is this a precaution?
Paul

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidk45SFdWVHZUc01KWlFCWiIsImdkcHIiOjB9