CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Fedora 9 (64) + crossover-pro-7.0.2-1.i386 + Outlook 2003 works fine.

Hi All,

I hope this helps. I have been trying to get Outlook 2003 working with crossover and it was impossible to find a solution installation problems. So, once I got it working today I decided to post it here hoping It might help some ppl. Here are the basic steps, I will post details if needed:

1- Install Fedora 8 (As Outlook didn't Install with My Fedora9 (Font installation issues)) & make sure /home is on a separate partition.
2- Install crossover and create a W2000 bottle. Install IE6 on it. (This solves some weird blank email displaying issue)
3- Install Outlook 2003. Setup your Email Account.
4- Install Fedora 9 (Clean Install)- Not formatting /home. Just mount it.
5- Install crossover on Fedora 9. Your bottle from F8 installation will be there.
6- Update Fedora 9 to latest packages and make sure you have kernel-2.6.26.3-29.fc9.x86_64 installed.
7- Restart computer & boot into kernel 2.6.26.
8- Start Outlook & Enjoy what CodeWeavers enables us to do.

Mehmet Tecer
RHCE

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidWFSTDNrSFNyMjlMY0t0YSIsImdkcHIiOjB9