CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

How to install internet explorer service packs.

My primary motivation for installing crossover is to use IE on linux with Siebel's horrible website. It requires a specifically configured version of IE6. I've installed cxoffice 7 (demo) and IE 6 but when I connect to the siebel site the configuration checker complains that:

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 (Q824145) or above is required for environments running with Internet Explorer 6.0. Microsoft makes this patch and related information available through their support organization or the following download location: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=9D8543E9-0E2B-46C9-B6C612DE03860465&displaylang=en. The “Windows Update” feature may provide this and other valuable updates to your browser environment.

I've tried installing windows service packs, and the specific IE service above but it just doesn't seem to work. The IE about box says it is at 6.0.2800.1106 Siebel wants 6.0.2800.1400. How do I patch IE to this level? I don't mind it its horrible to do so because at the moment I have to use windows over rdp on a slow vpn to do this,,, and siebel is slow to start with.
wcn

You can apply/install some updates to IE6 manually.

First, download the update to your desktop

Open CrossOver and choose to install 'Unsupported Software'

Browse to the location of the update

Specify the bottle IE6 is located in (ignoring the warning you will receive)

And install.

Sometimes the updates seem to 'hang' (it looks like nothing is happening) but then apply. Sometimes they are unsuccessful.

Unfortunately, the link you have supplied above does not point me to an update to attempt these steps with.

I have done as you suggested. The update completes without errors, but the version number of IE does not change. I suppose I'm at a dead end :(
wcn

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiaG1YTVFoZHlWV0x0cWs2diIsImdkcHIiOjB9