CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

CX 7.0.2 std and Outlook 2007 problems

Hi I just installed the trial version of Crossover linux 7.0.2 on Ubuntu 8.04.
My main scope is to run Outlook to read corporate emails.

To access my corporate email I need to specify the connection to my exchange server using RPC over HTTP protocol.

Installing outlook from office 2007 professional (on the winxp bottle) I get an outlook that start but remain freezed (looks like it is not going to ask for setup the first account). Tried to setup account using mail settings in control panel but when I do the verification of the mail, I'm asked for the password (IMHO this means that outlook is somehow connecting to exchange) but then mothing happens.

The main difference between crossover outlook and a outlook running on windows is that in the Logon network security combobox I can specify Negotiate Authentication, Kerberos Password Authentication or Password Authentication (NTLM) when setting up from a real windows machine and only Password Authentication (NTLM) when using crossover linux.

Anyone succeeded?
Thanks,
Paolo

RPC in Crossover appears to be broken when connecting to an exchange 2007 server at this time.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNGY1MjRQZ2d4S1pSUXdFdCIsImdkcHIiOjB9