CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Installation of Language Pack in Office 2007 - is it possible ??

MS Office language packs should install in CrossOver 7.10, but I won't succeed.

I have CrossOver 7.1.0 running upon Ubuntu 8.10 (Intrepid) and English version om Office 2007. I try to install Swedish and Finnish Language Pack 2007, the installation starts nicely, but then there comes a error message in local language, telling that no Office 2007 system program is installed on the computer, and that is needed for installation of the language pack. I can't bypass this error message, and the installation is interrupted.

How to proceed?

Are you trying to do an unsupported install of the language pack against the bottle that contains Office?

No, I tried to do an install by running "setup.exe" from the Language pack disk. Should I make an unattended install by using the "setup.exe" of Office 2007 and have it to point to the disk of language packs with a modified configuration file? I did find some information about that method, but I supposed it is possible to run the setup file directly from the language pack.

Best regards

?? In Crossover Install Software hit the Install Unsupported Application, pick the same bottle that already contains Office, and then navigate to the language pack setup.exe file and see if that works.

Asking questions like that in the general forum isn't a good idea, you should do this at the application forum under "Compatibility", because the popular applications have normally many advocates.

There you will find also a tip about the installation of the langauge pack:
[link=http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=2841;tips=1][/link]
[link=http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=2630;tips=1][/link]
[link=http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=2854;tips=1][/link]

Well, according to the release information of CrossOver 7.1.0 is said:
Application installation changes:

• MS Office language packs now install
    Anyway, the language pack shall be installed as an unsupported software?? Well, it doesn't work that way either, as I pointed out in my first post in this issue.

There is no information about installation of language packs in Office 2007 in the "compatibility" department. And problems with an application announced as supported maybe can be discussed here?

Hello Mikael,

sorry for the confusion, I couldn't see your first posting when I noticed this thread the first time (so I just had a little piece of the informations).

I'm not sure if the proofing tools for Office 2007 are marked as supported (please correct me if you don't mean the proofing tools), I couldn't find them in the compatibility list. If they are marked as compatible and you have an active subscription for Crossover, you may open a ticket in the ticket system.

Of course we can discuss things like that in the general forums, I just wanted to mention that the possibility to reach the right audience for your problem might be higher at the application forum. Not every advocate has subscribed the general forums, but most has done so for the application forums where they are advocates.

Anyway, when you tried to install the language pack as unsupported application, did you select the bottle where Office 2007 is installed? If yes, you might upload the log file somewhere and post a link to it here, so we can have a look at it (and hopefully identify the problem).

Hi,

I had the same problem with the german languange pack. I found out, that it installs doing it together with the Office installation and selecting "Customize" in the install process. My findings ended up in the Tips & Tricks section (beam with pride:):

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=2841;tips=1

BTW: in cxoffice8.0 the german language pack installs just fine for me in the standard way.

Cheers,
Riko

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidTJ1aHh4dEhDNTVnTVNWRSIsImdkcHIiOjB9