CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

IE 5.5 won't work w/QB, > 5.5 won't install w/Kubuntu

I'm stuck trying to do my batk balance on OO Spreadsheet and tired of it. My two Windows laptops no longen run anything useful so I'm afraid I may have to stop using all CX and INtuit products unless there is a way to fool cx into working with Firefox (I have both 3.0 and 3.5 running).

Try creating a NEW bottle for QB in CX Configuration of the type that QB installer defaults to, i.e. win2000 or winxp. After the new bottle is created, BEFORE you attempt to install QB, install IExplore 6.0 in that bottle. Then, after IExplore 6.0 in installed and tested that it works, install QB in THAT bottle. Don't let it try to create another bottle. I had a similar problem where the pre-installer insisted on installing IExplore 5.5, and it consistently failed to install. But, following the above steps, the pre-installer saw the IExplore 6.0, and did not attempt to install IExplore 5.5, and the program successfully installed.
Please post back if this helps.

owa

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidUg1VjVoUlJoR3d2QWVkTCIsImdkcHIiOjB9