CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Search function on this site?

It would really help if here was an intuitive search function on this website.. unless I am missing something?

typically i just go to google, and type in the following:

what i am looking for site:codeweavers.com

good luck :)

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/search/

What is not intuitive about that?

Jeremy Newman wrote:

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/search/

What is not intuitive about that?

Nothing at all, and yet people still miss it. Perhaps if you
moved the 'search' item to the top of the list in the left
nav_panel of the compatibility page (so it's immediately under
'compatibility'), they'll find/see it...or....if there was a
search item in the top info bar (on all pages), it would make
it even easier for these folks? This is to say, I don't think
intuition is involved ; I think cognition is at fault...just an idea ;)

Many users are used to using Google, so I went ahead and implemented a Google based search into our site. Hopefully, this will answer any complaints about the lack of search-ability.

Ahh...that might work! The fullness of time will tell ;)

Just one thing...with the search function added to that bar,
all items are evenly spaced on the 'Store' and 'My Account'
pages, but with the rest of the pages all the items are
pushed and crowded towards the left margin...looks a bit
whacky. (using firefox 3) Otherwise, it's a good idea in
my mind.

That is a cached style sheet issue, simply hold your "shift" key, then hit the page reload button in your browser. That will update your cached version of our content.

Thanks Jeremy, that was it...all looks peachy now (;

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNXF2Z1hLNVdyaE5udVBXSiIsImdkcHIiOjB9