CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

creating bottle hangs - rundll32.exe.so is 100% CPU

Hi
Just trying out the 64bit version of CXOffice Demo.
Installed OK, but when creating any bottle it hangs on creating the bottle, rundll32.exe.so is then 100% CPU.
I kill the process, cxoffice complains: Am error occurred during the Wine Enviroment (MYHOME/.cxoffice/newbottle) creation or update, the application of document may fail to start or open.
And then the 'newbottle' is listed under bottles, i can then install IE6 etc into this and it works.
~/.cxoffice is owned by me etc.

Seems to be common theme around: Ticket 729985 & http://www.codeweavers.com/support/forums/general/?t=26;mhl=46355;msg=46355
Fedora 11 bit, Nvidia 9600GT Video.

So I guess it is working but not sure if something might be getting missed etc

Cheers Cam

It could be a missing 32-bit library. Can you try using your package manager to pull in Wine & its dependencies, that should get everything Crossover needs installed.

wine was already installed, but i did yum install wine again - nothing else came down.

Cheers
Cam

Can you try running either:

~/cxoffice/bin/cxdiag

or

/opt/cxoffice/bin/cxdiag

to see what it returns?

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidlRQRUNCQjdaYnhFUUFOVCIsImdkcHIiOjB9