CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Family Tree Maker Ver 8 on Ubuntu 8.04.3 running Crossover Pro 8.0

07 July 2009

I just installed crossover-pro_8.0.0-1_i386.deb on my Ubuntu 8.04.3 machine, created a bottle (FTM-8),
then selected the CDROM drive, and ran FTM SETUP from CDR thru the Install Windows Software menu selection.
After the Unsupported FTM Version 8 was installed, I copied my Data files to /user/.cxoffice/FTM-8/drive_c/FTW
and then started Family Tree Maker. Everything appears to be in the proper place, but I haven't tried
printing yet. My photo's and extra data appear just as it did under Windows. Looking good so far......

Finally, I can make the 100% transition to Linux, and never look back........

If you're still holding onto Windows just to run FTM, give it up, purchase Crossover, and get Linux.

More Updates will be posted as I proceed.

lkraemer

Is Family Tree Maker 8 the same as FTM 2008? If so, we'd like to move this post to the forums for that application -

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=3744

If not, would you mind submitting FTM 8 to our compatibility center? - http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/submit/

For the sake of other users who could learn from your experience, we like to keep all of the app-specific info and threads in the same place

No, my Version is 8.0 for Windows 95, 98 dated Aug 5 2000, but it runs well on
Win 2000 and XP. Sorry for any confusion.

lkraemer

I have found that Family Tree Maker 8.0 will NOT merge another FTW file with an existing File. That still
has to be done in Windows. The copy to disk and Merge/Append doesn't function correctly.

lkraemer

It appears that Family Tree Maker Version 8.0 needs to create a working subdirectory
in
/user/.cxoffice/FTM-8/drive_c/FTW named XXXXTEMP and it couldn't. So I created the
subdirectory and now the temp folder is being created for the merge. More will
follow after I try another Merge.

lkraemer

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoid1Z5UHJDUjRaQ1c3SEJOYiIsImdkcHIiOjB9