CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Will not create windows applications menu folder.

I'm having trouble with my new installation of crossover 8. It will not create the "windows applications" folder in my applications menu but i can see all my applications inside the crossover setup menu.

I'm running Ubuntu 9.04 64bit. I've got office 2007 running and a few games, so far i'm impressed and will probably buy the full version.

What window manager are you using?

Those should be created automatically (esp with Ubuntu), but with some other distros (like Mint) you need to logout and log back in to your account to generate the menus.

Alternately, you can try going into Crossover's Configure->Manage Bottles->Configuration->Menus dialogue. Make sure the menu items are enabled. Also, try re-setting the menu root to just "/". Apply, Ok, and then re-set again to "/Windows Applications". Apply, Ok, and exit. If they don't appear in your Applications folder, try logging out and back in.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTlVoY0d2WVl1TnluNEsyUSIsImdkcHIiOjB9