CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Linux Firefox 3 fails to load flash plugin

I'm using Ubuntu 904 32bit, Crossover 8.0 for linux and have many products installed under Crossover.

Recently my Native Linux Firefox 3.0.11 browser cannot load flash websites. I get the error 'The plugin initialization failed. Reload the page to try again.'

I've tried uninstalling Flash but still the sites take for ever to load and then ask me to install flash 10. Which I do and then it cannot load it. I've also tried gnash but no success there either. I've read a few posts which suggest that it's trying to use the Windows plugins somewhere. I don't want it to use the windows plugins through my crossover bottles is there a way to stop firefox from doing this and just work with native plugins?

If I look at the about:plugins page I see that it's trying to load Mozilla ActiveX control and plugin support (CrossOver -npmozax.dll) from dosdevices_c^3A_Program+Files_Netscape_Communicator_program_plugins_npmozax.dll.so. That doesn't tell me which of the 10 or so bottles it's actually in and how to disable it.

It's always the way I find the error just after I post!

The solution is to go to Firefox -> Tools -> Add-ons -> Plugins. Click on the CrossOver plugin and disable.

Now flash will start working and everything will be fast again.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibUtxdDdmd1JXUXEzcnVVdyIsImdkcHIiOjB9