CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Unsupported App: TeamViewer

Hi.
I have a "challenging" question:
I have installed TeamViewer (http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=5643) in a Win98-Bottle.
calling [cxoffice]/bin/wine --bottle "TeamViewer" --start .cxoffice/TeamViewer/drive_c/Program\ Files/TeamViewer/Version4/TeamViewer.exe
does nothing, however calling
[cxoffice]/bin/wine --bottle "TeamViewer" .cxoffice/TeamViewer/drive_c/Program\ Files/TeamViewer/Version4/TeamViewer.exe
(notice the omitted "--start" param) runs the App just fine.

Consequence is that the generated links won't work...

I can't imagine why this is... Any Ideas ?

Hi,

"Why is it so?" (PSM ;)

./wine --help

quote:

"Usage: wine [--bottle BOTTLE] [command]
[options] [application arguments]

Runs Windows, Winelib or Native applications in the Wine environment. With the
--start command, documents can also be opened using the Windows associations.

Where command is one of:
--cx-app FILE Run the specified Windows executable
--wl-app FILE Run the specified Winelib executable
--ux-app FILE Run the specified Native executable
Native paths are not converted to Windows paths
--start FILE Open or run the specified document "

end-quote:

So we see here, the --start command is specifically to open a document, as opposed
to an executable (which is what you're...or the scripts...are trying to do).

Dropping the --start command, I'm pretty sure makes wine drop back to it's default position ;
which is run an executable. Conversely, if you specify --start, wine is expecting a document
for the FILE statement, so it knows which executable to start that is associated with that FILE
and it would do this by the file extension ..ie; .txt -> open notepad, .doc -> open word etc,
unless overridden by a system registry entry on the windows side of the book. My guess is,
when FILE is some .exe file when used in conjunction with --start command, it forms an illegal
command syntax and nothing is started at all.

That's why...but what you describe shouldn't be happening, if what you're saying here is that
the links are being generated by the cxinstallwizard process? Omitting --start is going to be
'shorthand' for the command --cx-app by the looks of it...you could check if that works or not,
however as even --cx-app is seemingly optional as well, it must serve some other purpose..apart
from forming a pseudonym for using no [command] switch at all...but I'm not that familiar with
the source code ; whatever, it shouldn't be creating links so...ie; mistaking the executable
for a document. If it is CO doing this and your can reproduce the error, it'd probably be a
something to lodge in the support ticket system.

Don:
Seems I did not make myselfe as clear as I had hoped.

Artist Formally Known as Dot wrote:

--start FILE Open or run the specified document "
[...]
Dropping the --start command, I'm pretty sure makes wine drop back
to it's default position ;

Yes. Reading a little further:

If no command is specified, the first non option argument is used as
the name of the Windows application to run.

Artist Formally Known as Dot wrote:

My guess is,
when FILE is some .exe file when used in conjunction with --start
command, it forms an illegal
command syntax and nothing is started at all.

Hmm. I think --start and an .exe go well together. However omitting --start and calling an .lnk does not.
But we can drop this here. Currently I can't even re-create my own "problem"..

Thanks for your time, though.

Nils

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiMktZQ1lleXFlQk1HZktjSiIsImdkcHIiOjB9