CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover Linux trial question

I've used Crossover before (years ago) and thought I'd give the new version a try to see if I can support some of our Windows only apps so we could migrate some of our computers to Linux. I installed the rpm on Fedora 11. When I go to the Install Windows Programs screen, however, the only clickable object is a GIANT cancel button. It doesn't appear I can do anything at all.

I've got an e-mail into Codeweavers, but since they've been slow to respond, I was wondering if anyone else had encountered this, and what the fix was, if so.

This sounds like http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/CXOffice80_ButtonsGrayedOut

That article may help you get the interface back.

rando wrote:

I've used Crossover before (years ago) and thought I'd give the new
version a try to see if I can support some of our Windows only apps
so we could migrate some of our computers to Linux. I installed the
rpm on Fedora 11. When I go to the Install Windows Programs screen,
however, the only clickable object is a GIANT cancel button. It
doesn't appear I can do anything at all.

I've got an e-mail into Codeweavers, but since they've been slow to
respond, I was wondering if anyone else had encountered this, and
what the fix was, if so.

We've tracked down the email you sent us, and found that it was responded to approximately 8 hours after being sent. I apologize if you believe that this response time was inadequate. If you did not receive our email, please check your spam filter on the email address from which the message was sent. And of course, please let us know if the above wiki link (also included in our response email) did not help you solve the problem.

Thanks,
Jack

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiOVNTZVY0NjRudFZSa2Q2VCIsImdkcHIiOjB9