CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Windows command prompt

I have been unable to find any documentation or other advice in regards to getting a Windows command prompt to run in a bottle.
I am having problems with an application not seeing environment variables and it would be helpful for diagnosing the problem if I
could run cmd.exe and print the values of the variables to see what is going on.

You can run a command something like this:
cxoffice/bin/wine --bottle <your-bottle> --wl-app cmd
and you'll get a command prompt.

However, you may find it easier to set environment variables
in whatever linux shell you're using; they should flow through.

Cheers,

Jeremy

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiblVVeGtWcEJ1ZGN6bThmZyIsImdkcHIiOjB9