CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

TurboTax 2008

Has anyone successfully run TT for 2008 using cx? I am running Kubuntu 8.10 on one box, 9.04 on the other. Last year I had to put XP back on my laptop, but I dislike XP so much that I want to keep clear of it, even if it means switching to a different tax program next year. But I already have it this year and hope someone can save me from having to deal with Xp.

I used to have a way to back up QB by letting it create a qbb file. But somethere along the way I lost that method and have had to copy the QBW file to a Linux directory. gzip it and then send it to my online backup service. I tried a link from my home directory to the OBW file in the QB directory but get "too many levels of link."

John did you try the online version of TT? I ran it for my personal and business taxes vs buying the boxed edition.
Worked great without any issues, imported my QB and Quicken files. The only downside is it is not any cheaper than the boxed edition.

I've used the online version of TurboTax for years and it's worked out really well for me. Just grab the latest version of Firefox and you're ready to go, it pulls down your previous year's e-filing too, so that's nice.

Still, I wish they'd make the online version cheaper than the boxed copy. I'd be surprised if they continue making the boxed version in a few years.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYUh4ZlpDU3J2U3JoNWhBVSIsImdkcHIiOjB9