CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

PowerPoint 2007 - Package for CD - Does it work for somebody?

Dear readers of this list,

I am using CrossOver Office 7.1 to run Microsoft Office 2007 including PowerPoint 2007 on Ubuntu Linux 8.04 ("Hardy"). However, so far I was unable to use the Package on CD feature of PowerPoint 2007, which is very handy when it comes to prepare a presentation for e.g. a meeting. When I click on "Copy to folder", I get an error message stating that PowerPoint Viewer and the Package for CD feature are corrupted, I should install them anew. If I install MS Office 2007 again, the same error message comes up, and if I try the PowerPoint Viewer included in MS Office 2007 on the command line with CrossOver Office, it works, indicating that there is something wrong with Package for CD.
Therefore my question: does the Package for CD feature of PowerPoint 2007 work for somebody? If not, then it is a bug of PowerPoint 2007 in conjunction with CrossOver Linux 7.1, perhaps.

Yours sincerely

Tobias Hilbricht

This is the first that I've heard of this issue, but it does not mean it works or doesn't work. I would suggest filing a support ticket detailing what you are seeing.

Then, we can take a look in-house to see if it's something we can fix easily or with some work. OR, if there is something we know to do to get it working properly. Further, it will allow us to keep good track of the actual issue.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTTJ5N3hlNnFSbmVkcEJmViIsImdkcHIiOjB9