CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Newbie installation questions.

I am new to CrossOver. My eldest daughters machine has just got yet another dose of Trojan, so after I get it clean
again, I am going to get her to try Ubuntu 8.10 as a dual boot.

On the subject of Crossover,

1)How easy is it to install, I assume I won't be able to do the normal synaptic install with Ubuntu?
2)How easy is it to install a Windows Application?
3)How easy to uninstall a Windows Application?
4)How easy is it to uninstall CrossOver if things don't work out?
5)I got the impression from reading about Wine that there are a number of settings/tweaks that can be tried to get
an application to run. Is this also the same with CrossOver and where does one find more info?

Sorry for the basic questions, but I tried the FAQ section and did not get the answers I am after.

Okay I found the Documentation Section which answers most of my questions, but does not say anything about
uninstall Windows or CrossOver.

I assume I should try out new applications in a bottle and assume there is some way to delete a bottle?

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/CXOffice_LinuxUninstall has info on how to remove Crossover from your machine. And generally once you install a Windows app into a bottle it won't uninstall from a bottle. Instead you can go into Crossover Configuration and select and delete the entire bottle.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVFNaM1k1aENKQTN2ZGtUZyIsImdkcHIiOjB9