CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

More Warcraft troubles (but hopefully legitimate ones this time)

Again, I'm running Ubuntu 8.10. I start up CrossOver Games, choose World of Warcraft, and set the location to the DVD. It says that since it's in an unusual format, it'll need to remount it, and continues on its way. A few moments later, it says-

"The installation of World of Warcraft failed:

Unable to locate installer file. Try going back, selecting 'Other *.exe file' and browsing to the installer file by hand."

The problem is, as far as I can tell, no .exe files are contained on the DVD, only .mpq files, and a folder full of OS X goodies.
How then do I go about installing WoW?

Please check the pages for World of Warcraft in our Compatibility Center, including the tips & tricks.

I already tried the unmount-remount commands, if that's what you're referring to. All it says is "mount: No medium found".

Are you accounting for any differences between your machine's file system and the tip in our compatibility database?

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/group/?app_id=4997;tips=1

In some cases the commands won't be exactly as they appear in the link. Substituting /mnt/cdrom0 for /media/cdrom0, for instance? On my (Fedora) machine, I have to unmount using

$ umount /media/WOW\ DVD/

as it tells me that /media/cdrom0 is unmounted

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSFV5c0s1aGZKRUxkTEJleiIsImdkcHIiOjB9