CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

software questions (Help please)

I'M a long time wine user looking to switch over to crossover Linux i use Ubuntu 16.04 LTS the what runs page says Autocad 2012 run well thats good because i use that a lot. Dreamweaver cc on the other hand it says it doesn't but i've run it on wine by installing it in windows and moving everything over to wine and it works great better then in windows even. Can something like this be done with crossover i really need both of these programs to work as i'm a webmaster for a few companies and need to both design and edit the sites and sometimes i need to edit some of there products by drafting and posting them. any help would be greatly greatly appreciated.

Thank you

I have done this "install in windows" trick a long time ago, and I don't see any reason why it couldn't be done today. Further, if you have done it with Wine recently, I don't really know why it wouldn't work with Crossover. That being said, Crossover's trial is fully functional, so you can entirely test any software you like, and any trick you might have to transfer from Wine, without any risk. So have at it.

Your bottles, will be created in the /home/user/.cxoffice directory. If you can move a software's directory by copying it to the bottle, it should just work. Of course, you're going to have to set up shortcuts to the executable manually, but other than that it shouldn't cause much difficulty.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSFZtUHFURmNSWmRnUTdDOCIsImdkcHIiOjB9