CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

RingCentral

Hello!

I'm on Arch Linux 64bit (I know, no support there) but I'm planning no moving to an Ubuntu 16.04 if it means proper RingCentral support. Also, I wasn't sure quite where to post this, so forgive me if it is the wrong place!

Anyways, here's the situation: I've got RingCentral for Windows working - well enough - in Linux. I can make/receive calls, it launches without error and never crashes.
I have three issues:

1) No way to quit the program. In Windows you'd click on the icon in the tray and choose exit; and although the icon does appear in my XFCE notification area, I can't right-click on it. Left-clicking does open the app, though. I've configured a hotkey to kill all WINE processes; it works pretty well.

2) Every single call I make gets a warning: "You may not be able to hear audio as your volume is set low. Please adjust your volume settings." However I can hear just fine. Additionally, the settings app does not show a volume indicator at all (it does show one for the microphone, which works). This is a minor issue.

3) This is the big one: I get occasional complaints about static coming from my mic - which works great elsewhere - while making/receiving calls. I've disabled the "automatically adjust microphone settings" switch in settings; I think it helped a little bit. I've also adjusted the "NICE" values of WINE and the relevant processes; that didn't seem to make a difference.

My question: How can I fix #3?
Here is the software I've installed in this WinXP bottle (not all is necessary I think):
CrossOver HTML engine
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 Extended
Microsoft Rich Edit 2.0
Microsoft Rich Edit 4.1 (Msftedit.dll)
Microsoft Visual Basic 6 Runtime Service Pack 4
Microsoft Visual Basic 6 Runtime Service Pack 6
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 (10.0) Redistributable
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 (14.0) Redistributable Runtime
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 (12.0) Redistributable Runtime
Microsoft XML Parser (MSXML) 3.0
msls31
TrueType font: Andale Mono
TrueType font: Arial
TrueType font: Arial Black
TrueType font: Comic Sans MS
TrueType font: Courier New
TrueType font: Georgia
TrueType font: Impact
TrueType font: Times New Roman
TrueType font: Trebuchet MS
TrueType font: Verdana
TrueType font: Webdings
Uniscribe
Wine Gecko (32-bit)

And of course, RingCentral for Windows

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiV0dDUzZMUUp4dWJYWXg3ViIsImdkcHIiOjB9