CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover Version 15.0.1 Error on Linux Mint 18

Greetings. I have tried to install Crossover on my Linux Mint 15 OS and it says the dependency are not meet. I have installed WineHQ and I have even installed the command line Crossover wanted me to run. But nothing is fixing the issue. I have even tried to install the free trail version out now and that failed to install as well.

Mint is derived from Ubuntu so it should be mostly compatible. Can you be more specific about the error? Even better: can you post the error messages or logs?

Are you running 32 or 64 bit Linux mint? If your running 64 bit have you installed 32 bit architecture support? On Ubuntu to install it it's sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386 then sudo apt-get update and install the updates. Now try the .deb package or the bin file. Mint is based on Ubuntu so it may be the same and if you've not done this maybe it will get it installed. Crossover is just 32 bit it does run on a 64 bit os really good but you have to have multiarch support.

Hope this helps.

Mitch wrote:

Are you running 32 or 64 bit Linux mint? If your running 64 bit have
you installed 32 bit architecture support? On Ubuntu to install it
it's sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386 then sudo apt-get update and
install the updates.

Can this command line be tacked on as an "automatic header" launch script to the deb file so to cut down the more "techie" aspects of getting CX up and running which might scare or further put off green non-techie command-line shy novice or curious potential users to try CX? I've seen such tech-skittish newbies drop software only inches of using/purchasing it.

Keep up great work Codeweavers crew!

Jim in NYC

I don't know maybe it is already. They should be able to add it but if they didn't there's a reason they didn't. I just add 32 bit support by my self so i know i got everything. I hope the command line stuff techie stuff doesn't scare off newbies from purchasing crossover thats one reason i became a advocate getting software to work in it then maybe people will leave windows and buy Crossover and for non techie people if they see there's help out there maybe they'll stay with it.

Are you using the KDE edition of Mint? I used to use Mint KDE (I switched to Cinnamon some time ago because I don't like the direction KDE is headed) and this has been a problem with it for a long time. The issue is that Mint KDE uses a different default package installer (QApt) to the other editions, which has problems with the CrossOver packages for some reason.

Right click on the .deb package in the file manager and select "Open With --> Other...". Then type in gdebi-gtk and click ok (might as well check the box to remember the association too). It should then install and run fine without needing to do anything else, as Mint already has 32-bit support etc. "out of the box".

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidFFRTlJzcWZOdnJXUXZNViIsImdkcHIiOjB9