CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Failing to install steam on arch

Hey there everyone!

I just downloaded and installed crossover today. with a bit of work I got the blizzard app and hearthstone to run (though that showed some of the same errors). Unfortanatly when I try to install steam it errors on all the fonts. Then a wizard pops up to install Microsoft xml parser and I hit next and it closes out and I get an error saying:
"An error occurred while installing Microsoft XML Parser (MSXML) 3.0

The installer has exited but Microsoft XML Parser (MSXML) 3.0 does not seem to be installed"

in the console I get the following for all the font errors and I believe the xml parser aswell (sorry for the uncertainty but its there quite a couple of times):
"winedbg: Internal crash at 0x7e9b2dde"
"crossover:error: uncompress did not set self.error"

Then the steam install just fails.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this.

On the page that says "The installer has exited...", there should be a link to a log file generated by the install.

Unfortunately, install logs tend to get cluttered, and it may be hard to find the relevant portion. I'd suggest opening a ticket to get help from someone on our support team.

Sorry, I misunderstood your post the first time. The link to a log file will be in the "CrossOver Software Installer" window after the install process completes, whether it's successful or not.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUldKY1dWVXdiR2hMclhzWSIsImdkcHIiOjB9