CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

After upgrading to version 17 all programs doesn't runs anymore!

Hello.
Have Scientific Linux 6.9 (based on RHEL 6).
With crossover 16 all works, but after upgrade to 17 version (doesn't matter 17.0.0-1, 17.1.0-1 or 17.5.0-1) all programs doesn't runs.
Nothing helps after trying to run program, do not get any messages.
Removing crossover and install it again and restore bottles from archive is doesn't helps.
I'm back to version 16.2.5-1

Anybody have same issues?

I see nobody use old RHEL versions.
Still have problem.
For what I did renewal licence?? :(

Your license is valid for 12 months - that includes upgrades.

If you are beyond 12 months then you are warned that you do not have license for the upgrade.

You can fix the issue by uninstalling Crossover and reinstalling the version from the download section of your account.

Hello.
Remove and install do not fix problem.
New version do not works on Scientific Linux 6.9 and 6.10.
While runing any program first time - got message about Wrong Wine envieronment.

Regards.

Today did upgrade to v18 - on kernel 2.6.32-754 (Scentific Linux 6.10) I can not run any bottles !!!!

Anybody run v17 and v18 on older linux versions ???

Regards.

This issue has been forwarded to the Official CodeWeavers Ticket System. If you have observed this issue and would like to report it as well, please open a support ticket or send an email to info@codeweavers.com with a description of what you are seeing and a link to this post.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

I'm running Debian 9 and have no problem so far using version 17. I've also run it on Linux Mint 17 and 18.

That's because RHEL6 and other distros based on it, uses glibc version 2.12. As i just figured out recently, beginning with Crossover version 17, glibc version 2.16 is expected. (i.e. Crossover version 17 and beyond are compiled against libc.so.6 that was compiled with glibc version 2.16). I had the same problem when I tried version 17 and version 18. Only version 16 works with RHEL6-based distros. However, version 16 contains a bug that wouldn't let my MS Office 2010 to register online.

It would be great if codeweavers can published another version (16.2.5 is the last version using glibc version 2.12) that fixes this problem for older system.

This issue has been forwarded to the Official CodeWeavers Ticket System. If you have observed this issue and would like to report it as well, please open a support ticket or send an email to info@codeweavers.com with a description of what you are seeing and a link to this post.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZ1pwclJHdEVYWVZSZXlCYyIsImdkcHIiOjB9