CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Linux Arch - Missing libraries (32-bit)

Hello,

I'm having some issues with CROSSOVER on Linux Arch. I build and installed the package from the AUR and resolved the dependencies.

While installing a program, I'm getting these errors:

Missing 32bit libudev.so.1 library: Lets Windows applications detect when devices are plugged in.
Missing 32bit libsane.so.1 library: Lets Windows applications access scanners.

Unfortunately, the links don't provide a solution for Arch (64-bit). A search on multiple boards/wikis also didin't bring anything up for me. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

You have the multilib repo uncommented in /etc/pacman.conf?

For udev, I have lib32-libudev0-shim on my system, and I believe that's what is needed.

As for the sane library, I must admit I can't find anything. But then again, do you really intend to scan from Windows applications? If you don't really need this, you can ignore this librairy and everything else will just work fine without it.

J-P Simard wrote:

You have the multilib repo uncommented in /etc/pacman.conf?

Yes, pacman wouldn't install the package otherwise (left multilib-testing off, though).

(quote:64893)

For udev, I have lib32-libudev0-shim on my system, and I believe
that's what is needed.

According to pacman:

multilib/lib32-libudev0-shim 1-4
libudev.so.0 compatibility library for systems with newer udev versions (32 bit)

So I can ignore this CrossOver message as well, right?

J-P Simard wrote:

As for the sane library, I must admit I can't find anything. But
then again, do you really intend to scan from Windows applications?
If you don't really need this, you can ignore this librairy and
everything else will just work fine without it.

You're probably right there, this seemed strange to me as well.

Yup, you probably can ignore the udev library as well. Most of what you run doesn't need to discover hardware anyway. If the library doesn't offer some functionality you intend to use with Crossover, you may entirely ignore it.

That being said, I take it you're new to Arch in some fashion, so I would really encourage you to read the wiki regarding pacman. In particular, if you want to look up a library pertaining to udev, I would go:

pacman -Ss udev

That would spit out anything regarding udev. From there, the package description should give an idea. Arch isn't for the faint of heart. You have to do the homework, even if Arch is much easier than many would say.

J-P Simard wrote:

That being said, I take it you're new to Arch in some fashion, so I
would really encourage you to read the wiki regarding pacman. In
particular, if you want to look up a library pertaining to udev, I
would go:

pacman -Ss udev

That would spit out anything regarding udev. From there, the package
description should give an idea. Arch isn't for the faint of heart.
You have to do the homework, even if Arch is much easier than many
would say.

Thanks for the tip, I intend to do just that (Arch user for a week now).

Like I said, if you need hardware discovery, I believe you need lib32-libudev0-shim, and that is in multilib.

But when it comes to drives, you might have another issue. Drives need to be mapped to the famous windows lettering scheme (c, d, e drives, etc). If you look in the control panel of a bottle, you should see something named "configure wine" or something like that (my interface is in French). It is basically winecfg from vanilla wine. From there you can map mounted drive to be used by windows programs.

J-P Simard wrote:

But when it comes to drives, you might have another issue. Drives
need to be mapped to the famous windows lettering scheme (c, d, e
drives, etc). If you look in the control panel of a bottle, you
should see something named "configure wine" or something like that
(my interface is in French). It is basically winecfg from vanilla
wine. From there you can map mounted drive to be used by windows
programs.

That really helped, thank you!

I also confused commands and didn't actually have lib32-libudev0-shim installed. I'll make sure to get more acquainted with pacman.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiMnRFUGVYNHNlS2RZa1NzRyIsImdkcHIiOjB9