CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Fedora 32 MATE Bottle Import Doesn't Create Menu Items

As the title says, I recently did a fresh install of Fedora 32 MATE on a laptop, installed CrossOver, and then imported my 2 gaming bottles. Neither one created menu items on import. Nor will either one create menus when I open CrossOver and use the task to do so. Looking for thoughts and advice on other things to try.

Hello
I have the same problem.
Also when I try to create the Menus, it stays like that forever and ever.
Then I get an error.
I am attaching the screenshot.

After that, then it produces the following error

File "/opt/cxoffice/lib/python/cxmenuwidget.py" in line 245 in main self.editor.prefs.recreate_menus()

File "/opt/cxoffice/lib/python/cxmenuwidget.py" line 304, in recreate_menus
File "/opt/cxoffice/lib/python/cxmenuwidget.py", line 37, in run_cxmenu raise Error(err)

cxmenu.Error: Can't call method "get_section_names" on an undefined value at /opt/cxoffice/lib/perl/CXMenuDtop.pm line 213.

Hi all,

It seems like you have a .desktop file that is not readable. To find it, you can run "cd ~/Desktop && find . ! -readable" (assuming an English locale).

Thanks,
Meredith

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoic1lyNUZwUkVXOWYzelNkNCIsImdkcHIiOjB9