CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover Itself Freezing When Trying to Access Bottle

I have a problem that is not with an individual program but with the Crossover application itself (my shortcut shows cxmenu-cxoffice-0-29ra4ke-CrossOver). I can start the application fine, and I can create a new bottle, and restore my old archived bottles, but whenever I switch into the "show bottles" mode and try to select one of the bottles that is installed, the application freezes and never even highlights the bottle that I clicked on. And I do mean "the application freezes" - nothing except terminating the application can break it out of its freeze.

If I start crossover from terminal, this is what I get - I don't gather that these are useful error messages about the application:

crossover
crossover:warning: AttributeError('C4InstallerProfile.selfextract_options is set but no threshold has been specified for application Adobe Digital Editions')
crossover:warning: the com.codeweavers.c4.5004 profile contains errors, ignoring it
crossover:warning: Visual C++ 2015-2019 (32 bit) has a bronze or higher medal so it should specify the bottle template(s) to use
crossover:warning: Visual C++ 2015-2019 (64bit) has a bronze or higher medal so it should specify the bottle template(s) to use
crossover:warning: Ronyasoft Poster Printer has a bronze or higher medal so it should specify the bottle template(s) to use

I am running an arch-based distro (garuda). Never had this problem before on any of my installations, and my other computers continue to work, but uninstalling crossover and reinstalling several times has not fixed the problem. I can't perform any "bottle" operations from the crossover program.

Any suggestions on diagnosing this? Thank you!

When you mention not having this problem on any installations before - were you using an older version of CrossOver on those other installations? If so, could you try installing the version that was working for you before? You can download old CrossOver builds in My Downloads -> Archived Downloads.

It would be good to know if this is a CrossOver regression or a problem with your specific garuda setup.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRXh2aEFUNUFLVkZNUllDciIsImdkcHIiOjB9