CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Export bottle to archive vs. create package from bottle

I was wondering if anyone has any input on which is a better way to ensure you can quickly restore previoulsy installed applications either on other systems or, in the event you need to reinstall on your current system (say after a system rebuild). I have previously created a package from a bottle however it seems you have to remember to regularly create packages to ensure it's always based on the latest and greatest crossover build. Are archives a better way of handling this? Can you import these regardless of the version of crossover they were exported from?

Your thoughts please folks.

Unless you are a sysadmin deploying the bottle to many users or machines, you should probably be using bottle archives.

Hey there, I was wondering if you could go into more detail. I'm sure I cant be the only one who's interested in the differences and rational behind which is better for what. I have looked at the documentation and can't see anything specific, hence the question. :)

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSnh0SkFxWU1IelNSNnh5SiIsImdkcHIiOjB9