CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Windows media player 10 error

I have the trial of crossover, it looks good and automatic! :). Windows media player 10 is the first software I need.
I am trying to install windows media player 10. I have selected on crossover a bottle with windows xp 32 bit. But when installer has started, it says me: "this version of wmp 10 can be only installed on a 32 bit version of windows xp".
Can you help me? Thanks.

Oh only now I have readed:"welcome to the crossover linux forum". I am sorry for the wrong section. Excuse me.

Hi,

I've managed to install wmp10. Download this installer https://windows-media-player-10.it.malavida.com/
Open this installer as a zip archive do not install mp10 directly through it else you'll encounter the error you've mentioned in your post. Once the installer content is unzipped into a folder, open crossover use the option to install an application and in the database search for windows media player 10. As source file select setup_wm.exe inside the aforementioned folder and start the automated process. The setup may fail at the first attempt, just ignore the error message and retry when all other dependencies have been installed in the bottle, if setup_wm.exe is not loaded even the second time, run wmplayer.exe and then again setup_wm.exe. I've installed it this way.

Thank you very much.
But after I have extracted the exe, instead of select the first option that is an "exe installer", on crossover I have selected the second option that is an installer folder.
Now wmp 10 is installed and works fine.
Thanks.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibWE3MkZ6QUFXbVk1Y21DSCIsImdkcHIiOjB9