CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

CrossOver fails in Fedora 33

Hi all,
in the last few weeks crossover fails to start - I keep receiving the error to install the following libraries:
gtk3 python3-dbus python3-gobject vte291.
but the check finds that are installed, and no further action needed -
the gui fails to start then;
installed applications work (for the most part), but I cannot install new ones or modify existing

I am using Fedora33
any suggestions?
Dimitris

Hi there,

Did you recently update to Fedora 33, or were you able to use CrossOver with Fedora 33 for awhile before the trouble started?

Running ./cxfix --auto might help: https://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/diag

Best,
Meredith

thank you Meredith, good to know about the cxfix (I had forgotten about this option)
actually the problem was with Python settings - and I fixed it (not a crossover issue)
best,
Dimitris

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTXRONVpBQ0s5UldnTjV6dCIsImdkcHIiOjB9