CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Unicode Malayalam Typing in Word 2010

Hi,
I am new to Linux Mint 20, and just installed Microsoft Office 2010, first through Wine 6 and then through CrossOver. Since I was using Indic Unicode (Malayalm langauge typing) heavely while in Windows 7 + Office 2010 (Unicode Indic language typing gets supported to an extent in Linux Mint as well with minor key differences), I was hoping to get the same in Linux installation of Office 2010 too. But to my surprice, I realize that Unicode support for indic langages is not proper. Let me put it more clearly - Windows 7 + Office 2010 gives me proper unicode indic support. Linux Mint 20 + Linux Office packages also gives the same. But when I install Office 2010 using wine or crossover in Linux Mint 20, the unicode support is broken. Why is it so? Is there any solution for this problem?
When I use Linux Mint 20 + Office 2010 then unicode text gets rendered erroneously. But if I copy past the very same text to linux text editors or office packages it gets rendered correctly! I am confused. If solution for this problem is available, I would be more than happy to purchase CrossOver. (Now just trying CrossOver)
Thanks and regards,
Sreenadh

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVHN1MkVyRXRoeGJQZ0F5UCIsImdkcHIiOjB9