CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Sonos app no longer working after OS reinstall

Hi,

I have a single Crossover 17.5 license that I installed on my laptop running GalliumOS 3.0 (an Ubuntu 18.04 derivative). I primarily use it for the Windows desktop Sonos app, and I remember I had to fiddle a bit to get it to work, but it has been working fine for quite a while.

Recently I reinstalled GalliumOS (same version) to my laptop, but prior to that made a backup of the old OS to a bootable USB stick (so I can still boot the old OS).

In the new OS I installed Crossover again (same version) and then tried to create a new bottle with the Sonos desktop application. However, I could not get the application to run. Then I booted the old OS, exported the Sonos bottle, imported it in the new OS, but it still fails ("Unhandled exception: 0xe0434352 in 32-bit code (0x7b43bc6c)").

I realize this is not a support forum, and I am not entitled to official support (I think). So my question is: how do I debug this? Apparently something is different between the two installations, but I can't figure out what.

Thanks,

M.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRTU1R1dkR2FmdG04Y2Z5WCIsImdkcHIiOjB9