CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Can no longer install office 2010

When attempting to install Office 2010 I receive the error that it cannot download MSXML 6.0 SP1. I am unable to find this file on the internet myself. Download and installing version 6.0 (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=3988) results in the following error:

Setup is unable to proceed due to the following error(s): The installation of Microsoft Office 2010 requires that MSXML version 6.10.1129.0 be installed on your computer. Install the component and re-run the setup.

Any help is appreciated.

Hi there,

Microsoft took down the installer, and we have also not been able to find another version :/ Does it work if you install MSMXL 6.0 SP2 instead? The link in our crosstie still works for sp2.

Best,
Meredith

I got it to work by installing the .msi file (linked above) followed by copying the SP3 edition of the msxml6.dll file into the c:\windows\system32. I also gave your suggestion a shot, but for some reason the office installer now starts fine even when skipping the msxml 6 download and installation (while installing it in a new bottle of course). This didn't work before. I am not sure why it works now without installing msxml 6 as I expect the bottles to be entirely independent from each other, but at least I got my old office edition working again. I hope you can find a better solution than mine.

Hi there,

Interesting. I was already able to confirm that using msxml 6.0 sp2 works well, so I updated the crosstie to use that instead.

Best,
Meredith

That's great to hear. Thank you for your support. It will surely come in handy when I switch to another flavour of Ubuntu yet again.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiejVYdkdKdWNZRmVIWWJTWiIsImdkcHIiOjB9