CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Excel macros not working in MS Office 2003 on Ubuntu 8.04 w/ Crossover 7.0.2

Hi I am new to the linux game, so pls be gentle...

Having installed Office 2003 via the crossover 7.0.2 (trial version) everyting seems to work fine, except the macros in Excel. I tried opening an existing macro and to create a new one - both failed and wanted to send the report to MS. The problem appears to be to do with the lost Microsoft Visual Basic project - it wants a network connection. Other error messages also came up.

Any ideas? I am running the whole thing on a dual boot compaq/hp laptop.

cheers

Chris

Hello,

Sadly, you will have no luck with macros in Crossover (or Visual Basic). This is a known limitation, and something we're working on.

Many thanks... I will stop tearing my hair out tryng to make them work.

Jack Phinney wrote:

Sadly, you will have no luck with macros in Crossover (or Visual
Basic). This is a known limitation, and something we're working on.

Any further word on this? Not to push but this is sort of one of the main uses for CrossOver and Office (VB support). Is this sort of something 6+ months from now or something perhaps earlier than that?

Thanks,

• Jeff

The word on this is that we believe we have it fixed in our screaming, bleeding edge builds of CrossOver (that are not public for obvious reasons). It is possible to get access to these builds by submitting a ticket and requesting to have access (we don't give access to everyone, but we would consider it)... the warning being that they are very new and have not been tested to see what is broken (and usually something is broken somewhere in these). Additionally, we are always looking for test cases for this and many other bugs.

I would suggest raising a ticket (or sending an email to info@codeweavers.com) asking how progress is going and asking to be added to bug 2376. To further help, you can attach a test case Excel document with a macro in it that works in Windows but does not work in CrossOver 7.x.

Thank you!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZHRkSHNOV0VIdWQ3eEVlSyIsImdkcHIiOjB9