CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

move bottle to another location?

Can you change where on disk a bottle is stored? I want to put my bottle on a second hard drive where I have more space, but I think I found that it's stored in the home directory. Any way to change this?

Thanks.

/home/username/.cxoffice is the directory where all the CrossOver settings & bottles get stored. For CrossOver Games it's .cxgames. Bottles each have their own directory inside .cxoffice .

So you could do this pretty easily with symlinks. For example to move the whole .cxoffice directory to a different drive, just move the directory as normal to where you'd like (and rename it if you wish), and then at a console type:

ln -s /path/to/moved/directory /home/username/.cxoffice

Replace username with your user name, obviously. GUI tools can do this too, i.e. in KDE3 if you drag a file or directory while holding ctrl+shift, it will create a symlink where you drop it. If you just wanted to move one bottle, it would be a similar process, with the appropriate directory within .cxoffice .

HTH

Hi, I'm using Ubuntu Hardy AMD64 and CrossOver Prof. and I have crated a new folder (cxoffice) on a second HD. than I have made the symlink, than I have copied all files/folders from /home/username/.cxoffice to /media/sda9/cxoffice. After thus, I have delete the files/folders in /home/username/.cxoffice. Now crossover doesn't start anymore.

What's wrong ??

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZExGV0FoVFV5M3BtYW5CdSIsImdkcHIiOjB9