CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

csv files are saved as read-only

There's a problem I'm experiencing that I can't pin down. Using Excel with Crossover Office has been great. I can't save as a .csv onto a shared directory though. I can save as new excel files to my heart's content, and they can be opened by other machines here at work. As soon as I select to save as .csv, an error message tells me that the file is read-only and can't be written. The file is created, but is an empty file (0kb) with -r--r--r-- permissions. Why are these being saved differently than .xls files? Is it in Excel, Crossover Office, or even the share permissions of the network drive (I've tried a plethora of mount options to no avail)?
Thanks!
-Tom

My guess would be the permissions of the network drive if you're not having problems saving them to your local machine. Crossover & Excel aren't going to muck with the permissions anyway, that's the OS and the drive.

I went back over the network settings. I also found that files saved to my home directory with Excel (.xls or .csv) also have the same -r--r--r-- permissions. I must have screwed up and installed it as root or something.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiU2h4VEI5eXhXWEJkTHpGMiIsImdkcHIiOjB9