CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Accessing an dll on Crossover from Linux

Hi Guys,

Is it possible to access an dll installed on Crossover bottle from a Linux application ?

I mean, I have an Eclipse installed on Linux and there is a plugin that needs a dll installed on Crossover.
Is there a way to solve this problema?

Thanks a lot,
Rogerio

Hi Rogerio,

if this plugin just needs access to this dll it's very easy. With "just access" I mean the plugin will be able to use this dll also under linux and doesn't need any windows functions (which of course doesn't work when you run eclipse under linux).

Crossover normally installs the bottles under /home/YOUR HOME DIRECTORY/.cxoffice, there you will find in the directory with the name of the bottle the directory "drive_c". This directory has the same structure as a real drive C: under windows, so it should be easy for you to find the dll there (if it real exists and is not "emulated" by crossover).

If you can point the plugin to this dll (I'm not very familiar with eclipse), this might solve your problem.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQ3gyblJNZ0JWR3RzVWM3WiIsImdkcHIiOjB9