CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Black Menus displayed in Office 2003 on FC10

All office programs are displaying black unreadable menus. Using CXOffice 7.1.0 on Fedora 10. Further, some icons are displayed but when the mouse pointer is passed over them, they disappear as well. Anyone have some tips that they would like to share??

We've seen one other user report this issue as well. We don't see this behavior on our FC 10 32bit install, and we're currently installing a 64-bit on a VM to test that. Is your install a 64-bit? Also, what sort of graphics card do you have?

Install is FC10 x86 ie 32bit. Graphics card is ATI Mobility Raedon X1300 installed on a HP nc6400.

hm...i've installed Office 2003 a couple of times now in Fedora 10 64 bit with Crossover 7.1.0, and haven't seen this issue. Did you install using the .rpm or the .sh? If the .sh, can you remove Crossover (you shouldn't have to remove your bottle) and install the .rpm?

I did have a massive failure when installing Fedora itself, which was only overcome by installing the proprietary drivers for my graphics card. Since you're experiencing a graphics-related problem, I wouldn't rule out a strange interaction between the open source drivers and Crossover, and recommend that you try the proprietary driver to see if it changes the behavior.

if this does nothing, you might also consider setting SE Linux to permissive (or disabled) during a re-install. SE Linux doesn't play nice with Crossover, and while I doubt it's the culprit here, its worth a shot.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZEtZd2ZaVkZ2aEhLUHl2aCIsImdkcHIiOjB9