CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

MS Project Standard 2003 problem in my Demo Instalation for CrossOver

Hi

I am able to install the MS Project 2003 standard using Crossover.
However when I start the Project, it throws some weblink and says that it need to be added in the IE trusted list.

Also I don't see any Gridlines, and can't even enter a Task. It shows a plain white blank page though the tool bars are present.

I even tried installing the IE6 and put the defined weblink in the trusted list but in vain.

Need a resolution at the eraliest.

~Tikendrajit

Try creating a new win2000 bottle, plop Project into it, then IE6 and set the trusted site thing and see how that works.

This is exactly what I tried.

I install the MS Project.

It takes for WIN2000 as the default bottle

I encounter the problem that ask me about the trusted list in IE.

So I install IE6 which takes the WIN98 bottle.

I even put the web link (though the link seems to be weird) to the trusted List.

It doesn't wok even.

Need directions...

Install IE6 into the same win2000 bottle as Project, otherwise Project can't see/use IE6.

Please direct me how to install the IE6 in win2000 bottle.

Whenever I tried to install IE6 from the listed s/w list it automatically takes win98 bottle.

• Tikendrajit

Instead of letting CrossOver 'choose' a new bottle on installation, you have to choose an 'existing' bottle. This will allow you to install IE6 into the Project 2003 bottle.

If you need further assistance (more specific instructions) please file a support ticket or send an email to info@codeweavers.com.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieVZKbWFYYkhkek1nYUd3bSIsImdkcHIiOjB9