CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

FC9 Xover 7.0.2 MS Access 2000

I've just set up the config described in the subject line. When I try to open a database, that opens fine on XP with the same version of Access, I get a message telling me to upgrade the version of IE and the open attempt aborts. I've installed IE 6. No difference.

The same database opened on FC8 with Xover 6 and Access 2000. It still opens on a system with FC8, Xover 6 and Access 2002 and that system only has IE 5!

Incidentally FC8, Lotus Organizer 97 & Xover6 worked. FC9 & Xover7 doesn't

I have installed MS Fonts. I must have missed something - but what??

Many thanks

Ken

Hey Ken,

Is the install of Access 2000 that you're using a clean install, or is it an archived bottle? Ditto the install of CX 7.0.2 - is it an upgrade from a previous version, or a clean install? The issues that we've seen with Access 2000 and CX7 (mostly with Ubuntu, it should be noted) are usually cases of corrupted bottles and installs.

You might also try installing MDAC from Crossover's install software menu into the same bottle as Access.

If it's still broken after tinkering around, please file a support ticket, as this could be a regression. We don't have too many users with the combination of FC9 and Access 2000, so it's possible that you're the first to report it.

Hi Jack,

Clean install all round. I'll try MDAC and let you know

😊

Ken

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNlF4eUVxZHpSdHRBWmZCdiIsImdkcHIiOjB9