CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

cxoffice 7.0.2 OLE issues

I'm running cx 7.0.2 under ubuntu 8.0.4. Microsoft Office 2003 and Visio 2003 are installed within the same bottle.

When I open a document an existing word document with a visio diagram embedded via ole (document produced on native windows platform), double-clicking the visio diagram to edit it results in word reporting "This object was created in Visio. This application is not available to open this object. Make sure the application is propoerly installed and that it has not been deleted, moved, or renamed.". I have confirmed that visio 2003 is indeed installed and in the same bottle since I can create a new diagram. If I create a new diagram in visio and paste this into word under cx, the visio diagram is embedded as an image and not as ole visio diagram.

If I attempt to embed a visio diagram in word via, Insert > Object > Microsoft Visio Drawing, I receive the same error as above.

It appears that OLE is broken in 7.0.2, is this specific to Visio or is it OLE as a whole?

Thanks
Graham

Hi Graham,

Unfortunately, OLE as a whole is currently broken in Crossover. Copying and pasting images is the workaround, but as you're found, this means your visio diagram is treated as an image.

We have a bug open on this issue, and more tickets attached to a bug escalates it's importance. If you'd care to file a support ticket for this issue (you can just copy your original text from the forum post into the support email), we can attach it to the bug (reference bug 4391).

Thanks

Thanks for the response Jack, I've opened a ticket (698669).

PS. The Bug doesn't appear to be publicly viewable (i.e. selecting it reports it's restricted.)

Thanks
Graham

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidEFtWDZXeXVYa0hVNmRKVyIsImdkcHIiOjB9