CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Problem installing on RHEL 5.2 (64-bit)

The instructions to install on 64-bit Linux are found on :

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/FAQ/Linux64bitInstall

It states:

Second, if you wish to install either the RPM or Debian package
(.rpm or .deb), then you may need to instruct your package installer
to 'force' the architecture.

For RPM files, the command is:
sudo rpm -Uvh --ignorearch crossover-XXX.rpm

I'm running RHEL 5.2 (x86_64). I get the following error when I try to install crossover:

[root@new-host-2 ~]# rpm -Uvh --ignorearch crossover-standard-demo-7.0.2-1.i386.rpm 
error: Failed dependencies:
    libXmu.so.6 is needed by crossover-standard-demo-7.0.2-1.i386
    libXpm.so.4 is needed by crossover-standard-demo-7.0.2-1.i386
[root@new-host-2 ~]# find / -name "libXmu.so.6"
/usr/lib64/libXmu.so.6
[root@new-host-2 ~]# find / -name "libXpm.so.4"
/usr/lib64/libXpm.so.4

As you can see, the shared object libraries do exist on the system. BTW I receive the same error if I leave out the --ignorearch option.

What is the recommended way to install crossover on RHEL 5.2 (x86_64)? Is it safe to use the sh file installer? Are any options needed? Thanks.

I'd recommend going ahead and trying the .sh installer instead. You shouldn't need anything extra, other than maybe setting the .sh file executable (chmod 755).

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiMjVWeU1zdzJuclZjRWFSOCIsImdkcHIiOjB9