CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Netlinx studio (or any AMX dev tool) on crossover with Arch

Hi guys,

New to this forum so happy to be a part of the crossover community. Originally using wine but now that I am using my base system for commercial purposes, I have a real need for some built-in redundancy which (amongst other things) meant switching to a paid compatability service.

Anyway on with my question; Does anyone here have some experience running Netlinx Studio, TP visual (or any other development tool used for programming AMX hardware) on top of Crossover with Arch Linux?

I have noted that it is marked as untested in the what runs list, nonetheless however it IS listed. So for now I will assume some level of acknowledgement for AMX (however small) on part of the crossover team. I will of course redirect my question to the crossover technical team, should this thread run against the rules intended for this forum (I.e discuissional. not technical). Please don't hesitate to advise if this is so.

I have also considered this question may be more appropriate for the Arch Linux forums. I will await response before duplicating this thread.

Regards
MM25

Hi,

For the most part, the application database is community contributed. Merely listing an application does not mean much unless it has been at least tested by someone using CrossOver. The folks at Codweavers assume responsibility for officially supported applications. This being said, if you managed to get work done with Wine, you should be able to do the same thing with CrossOver while having a nice GUI.

And there are a number of Arch users that know their way around with Crossover, like myself for instance. We should be able to give some assistance, although I have never used your software.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTXB5TkhjNlA3eW5ZYzZaWCIsImdkcHIiOjB9