CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

"CrossOver trial" screen keeps coming back after registering

Hi,

I'm running into an issue with my Diablo III bottle that, when I start the Battle.net launcher, I keep getting greeted by the "CrossOver trial - Buy now/Register/etc." screen. I have a registered version and when I press "Register" it confirms it, however, the next time (after a reboot) I get the screen again.

After 15 days, when the trial time is over, I cannot use the bottle anymore.

I've tried removing my license key, registering again and recreating the bottle, but it did not help. My other bottles don't seem to have this problem.

I'm running CrossOver 15.0.0 on Ubuntu 14.04, installed via the Debian package.

Can I do anything to "permanently" save my registration in a bottle?

Have you deleted the "y:" or "z:" drives in that bottle?

Thank you for replying

I didn't delete the Z: drive, but I did change it's type to 'local drive' (I don't remember the exact wording). Battle.net was complaining about no longer supporting running games from a network drive.

I will put Z: back to auto and make a separate disk mount for my Diablo III installation to see if it helps.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieTZhcnBLUlQ4YnU3Mkg2MiIsImdkcHIiOjB9