CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover and Linux Mint 18.0?

Anyone have Crossover running under the latest version of Linux Mint (18.0)? I'm under Cinnamon 17.3 and am wondering if there are any incompatibilities with the new release.

The gave Rage stopped working in Steam, seems like something with the nvidia driver since it crashes and quits when I change screenmode, or when the startup demo is over on a new game.

Also crossover 15.x will install directx modern, but its not showing up in the bottle, and nothing that needs direct x works. if anyone has a solution please let me know, thanks!

Just set up laptop last week... works with no issues.
I have a triple boot and have Cinnamon Mint 18 on a USB harddrive holding Crossover.
No issues. I believe I have crossover 14.03.

I have CX running on a clean install of Linux Mint 18 (with NVIDIA drivers) and am not having any problems.

That said, I have not set up any NEW bottles that require DirectX; I've just run ones that I imported from a previous installation.

Ryan Kingsbury wrote:

...I've just run ones that I imported from a previous installation.

That sounds like a good idea (I hadn't thought of doing it). How did you export/import your bottles? Just a straight "Export Bottle to Archive," pick a location, and put it somewhere that would survive the clean install? Or did you do something else?

In my case, I kept my entire home directory intact when I upgraded Mint 18 (to clarify, this was a clean install just using the old home directory), so I didn't have to do anything in particular to export / import the bottle. Everything just worked.

Just to let people know, I did a clean install of Linux Mint 18 Cinnamon x64, re-installed Crossover, and clean installed Quicken 2015 Deluxe into it without problem. Everything seems to work fine.

Mint 18 MATE on i5 laptop with Crossover trial downloaded today. I'm new to Mint and Crossover but old hand at MS Access.
MS Office 2010 loaded and running but it takes ages to load as it seems to be completing it's installation and wanting me to reboot.
MS Access works but has some problems and hangs on expressions containing [].

likewise - I've still got Cx15 running on LM17x on this PC.

• bit behind, hey what?.

but - I've tested LM18 with the latest Cx version & it seems A.ok.

1 to 10 of 10

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZWZCZG5zbTZSWkN3QktMUiIsImdkcHIiOjB9