CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Video Management System

Hi,

I was wondering if CrossOver would be suitable for software that supports MJPEG, MPEG4 H.264 , specifically a piece of software called luxriot http://www.legacy.luxriot.com/eng/products/vms/ Or perhaps applications that have a high video dependence would not be suitable for Crossover.
It would free my machine's dependency on a windows licence and various other machines used for this purpose alone.

If you think it may be suitable, I was wondering the options going forward. Would I be on my own on getting this working ? Could i pay for support in getting the software working Or even straight out pay for it to work?

I did attempt at one point to get this to run on Wine , where the interface ran , however the video remained blank.

Kind Regards,
Ben

I downloaded the software, installed it and out of the box it installed and worked there was no problems for me (Good sign) but i do not know the software you can download the trial and try it yourself. I installed it in a windows xp bottle I'M running Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit and Crossover Linux 16.2 and nothing extra like .net added to the bottle. You wont be on your own you get 1 free phone support call, 1 email support and you can buy more if you need it and there's always the forums people help out all the time if all else fails you can always pay to have it ported.

You may need to install video codacs in the bottle if the video won't work or .net like i said i don't know the software.

If you decide to buy Crossover there running a promotion right now 30% off, check it out here. https://www.codeweavers.com/store/promotions copy the code and add it to the box at the bottom left of the buy now page.

I think you should contact support for more information on your concerns as they would be better answering any questions you may have.
https://www.codeweavers.com/about/contact-us#support

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTU1SUkc0WEZOQnlVWnJjVSIsImdkcHIiOjB9