CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

What distro runs MS Office 2013 well?

OK, I've tried to install Office 2013 several times on different incarnations of Mint 18/18.1/18.2 and none of them seem to install correctly. I've got the NVidia drivers installed. But, I've also tried with the Intel drivers (the machine is a Dell Precision 5510 w/ Optimus). I've worked with the tech support folks, and we still haven't determined why it doesn't install and run. So, I'm asking if anyone actually has Office 2013 installed, what distro did you install it on? 32-bit or 64-bit? And, what is the configuration of the system that you're using it on. For me. Office 2010 works fine on this platform w/ Crossover 16.2. I'm just curious to try and duplicate someone's success story so I can reverse engineer why this doesn't seem to work on my platform.

TIA,

Mike

CrossOver support staff told me that one needs fairly recent hardware to run Office 2013 via Crossover on Linux. I recommend you open a support ticket.

EDIT: Also, I see the the CrossOver changelog mentions some recent fixes for Office.[/link][link=https://www.codeweavers.com/products/more-information/changelog]changelog

NJ wrote:

CrossOver support staff told me that one needs fairly recent
hardware to run Office 2013 via Crossover on Linux. I recommend you
open a support ticket.

EDIT: Also, I see the the CrossOver changelog mentions some recent
fixes for
Office.[/link][link=https://www.codeweavers.com/products/more-information/changelog]changelog

Well, I have opened tickets. And, although the support team was responsive, there were no fixes for the problems of the install. And, my hardware is a Skylake Xeon w/ 32 GBs of RAM and an NVidia GPU. I'm running the proprietary driver and VMware, etc. are working great. My Office 2010 install is also working like a champ in Crossover. But, Office 2013 will simply not install and even if I can get something to run, it's so glitchy with the video as to make it unusable.

Sigh...

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUlBOWllwZktLSk5oeEVCdSIsImdkcHIiOjB9